• In 102 career Verizon IndyCar Series starts, Sato has earned 27 top-10 finishes including 10 top-5 spots and a victory in the 2013 Grand Prix of Long Beach. He has claimed five pole positions.
• Competed in Formula One for seven seasons from 2002-2008; competed in 91 races with his top finish of third place coming in the 2004 U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis. Earned a total of six top-five and 23 top-10 finishes.
• Best F1 season standing was eighth in 2004 after 10 top-10 finishes including five top-five showings and one podium (Indy). Earned a front row start at the German Grand Prix at Nurburgring.
• 2001 British Formula 3 Champion and won the Marlboro Masters of F3 in Zandvoort and prestigious F3 Macau Grand Prix.
• Began racing karts at the age of 19 after he won several national junior bicycle championships.
2015 Verizon IndyCar Series
Third year driving No. 14 ABC Supply Honda…Qualified for Firestone Fast Six twice with best start of 4th…Led 46 laps…Season-best finish was 2nd at Detroit’s Race 2…Posted 5 top-10 finishes including one top-5…Final Rank: 14th.
2014 Verizon IndyCar Series
Returned in AJ Foyt’s No. 14 ABC Supply Honda…Qualified for Firestone Fast Six 3 times and earned two poles (St. Petersburg and Detroit 2)…Led 66 laps…Claimed season-best finish of fourth at Sonoma…Posted 5 top-10 finishes including 2 top-5s…Final rank: 18th.
2013 Verizon IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 14 ABC Supply Honda for AJ Foyt Racing…Qualified for Firestone Fast Six 3 times, earning a pole at the Houston Grand Prix (Race 1)…Led 187 laps…Claimed first career victory at the Grand Prix of Long Beach and followed with 2nd place finish in Brazil…Posted 4 top-10 finishes including 2 top-5s…Final rank: 17th
2012 Verizon IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 15 Honda entry for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing…Qualified for Firestone Fast Six twice with best start of third at Edmonton…Earned career best finish of second at Edmonton…Posted five top-10 finishes including two top-5s…Final ranking: 14th with 281 points.
2011 Verizon IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 5 entry for KV Racing Technology…Earned two poles (Iowa, Edmonton) and a career best finish of fourth place (Mid-Ohio)…Earned three top-5s and seven top-10s in 17 events…Final ranking: 13th with 297 points.
2010 Verizon IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 5 entry for KV Racing Technology in his rookie season…Season best start was third at Mid-Ohio and season-best finish was ninth at Edmonton… Progressed to the Firestone Fast Six qualifying round three of nine possible times…Final ranking: 21st with 214 points.