• In 68 career IZOD IndyCar Series starts, Sato has earned 17 top-10 finishes, including seven top-five spots (win at Long Beach and second at Brazil in 2013, second at Edmonton and third at Brazil in 2012, fourth at Mid-Ohio, fifth at St. Petersburg and Texas in 2011). He has earned three poles (Houston in 2013, Iowa and Edmonton in 2011).
• Competed in Formula One for seven seasons from 2002-2008; competed in 91 races with his top finish of third place coming in the 2004 U.S. Grand Prix at Indianapolis. Earned a total of six top-five and 23 top-10 finishes.
• Best F1 season standing was eighth in 2004 after 10 top-10 finishes including five top-five showings and one podium (Indy). Earned a front row start at the German Grand Prix at Nurburgring.
• 2001 British Formula 3 Champion and won the Marlboro Masters of F3 in Zandvoort and prestigious F3 Macau Grand Prix.
• Began racing karts at the age of 19 after he won several national junior bicycle championships.
2013 IZOD IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 14 Honda entry for A J Foyt Racing…to a First Place finish in the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach...
2012 IZOD IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 15 Honda entry for Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing…Qualified for Firestone Fast Six twice with best start of third at Edmonton…Earned career best finish of second at Edmonton…Posted five top-10 finishes including two top-5s…Final ranking: 14th with 281 points.
2011 IZOD IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 5 entry for KV Racing Technology…Earned two poles (Iowa, Edmonton) and a career best finish of fourth place (Mid-Ohio)…Earned three top-5s and seven top-10s in 17 events…Final ranking: 13th with 297 points.
2010 IZOD IndyCar Series
Drove the No. 5 entry for KV Racing Technology in his rookie season…Season best start was third at Mid-Ohio and season-best finish was ninth at Edmonton… Progressed to the Firestone Fast Six qualifying round three of nine possible times…Final ranking: 21st with 214 points.