NOTES & QUOTES: MAVTV 500
Takuma Sato is in his fifth year of driving in the Verizon IndyCar Series and his second year driving for AJ Foyt Racing. Last week he posted his best finish of the season by placing fourth in the Go Pro Grand Prix at Sonoma Raceway. He is making his third start at Auto Club Speedway.
Takuma Sato On:
• Auto Club Speedway: “Auto Club Speedway is superfast and very challenging. I know this event would be quite spectacular one for the fans for a number of reasons. The pure speed, great racing side by side as we run both low and high on the banking means multiple lines are available for overtaking, it’s 500 miles and it's a night race! I always enjoyed racing here and I believe we will have a good one this year too.”
• Testing at Fontana: “It was a good test for us. Quite helpful to have an open test a couple days before the actual race. We went through a good test program and the car made good progress. I believe we now have a good base-line set up for the weekend and we will try to make the car fast by massaging more details for tomorrow’s practice and qualifying.”
• Key to the set-up: “As it’s a superspeedway, the aero and platform control is extremely powerful but so important not to sacrifice any mechanical grip here because this track is also well known to be quite bumpy.”
• Awarding double points for 500-mile events: “Well, that’s quite challenging and tricky for the championship but for us it’s very welcome to raise our points. We have been in a quite difficult season and we lost so many points, so here we need to make a most of it and try to get maximum points.”
• Early finish to the season: “Hard to believe this is the last race of the season. Feels like still we have a couple of races in the pocket but I am so looking forward this race and hopefully this become another successful weekend.”
• ABC Supply national account Sutherlands Exteriors., headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., will be featured on the engine cover of the No. 14 ABC Supply car. Guests will receive the VIP treatment this weekend and will meet A.J. Foyt.
• ABC Supply roofing customer Clark Roofing, based in Redlands, Calif., will be featured atop the sidepods of the No. 14 ABC Supply Dallara/Honda. Guests will receive selected merchandise, race tickets, hospitality and garage passes, plus a Meet and Greet with A.J. Foyt.